Brandon started training this summer and has become quite the dedicated runner, even trading in the rare opportunity to sleep in on the weekends for a run through the neighborhood. Simon and I are soon to be joining the running regime as well! Not a minute too soon either with only ten months left until the Peterson half marathon challenge next September in Utah.
A little rain didn't keep us from having a great weekend. We visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, spent time on Fisherman's Wharf and even ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company, quite an adventure for two (actually three) non-seafood eaters!
Brandon and Simon enjoyed checking out the aquarium gift store, which is truly the highlight of every vacation for Brandon! He just loves to buy souvenirs, which is why Simon is now the proud owner of a ferocious, but cute, stuffed shark. It was nowhere near as cute as the mini-zookeeper outfit we bought him at the San Diego Zoo, but Simon is having fun throwing it around.
Simon just loved the sleeping arrangements in Monterey. I, on the other hand, was a little nervous about the metal, prison-like crib they wheeled into the room. After watching Simon rattle the rungs, we thought it would have been perfect if he had a little tin mug and maybe a pair of striped PJs.
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS BRANDON!! Simon has the best smile! That metal crib is hilarious. I'll have to show it to Peyton because I've been threatening him that he's going to have to sleep in a baby crib (I know--I'm mean) because he's going through sleep issues again.
Post a Comment