Well, since it's almost Simon's 13-month birthday, I thought it was high time I posted a blog about the fun birthday celebrations we had last month for his 1st birthday.
We celebrated all weekend long, kicking off the festivities on Friday with a Teddy Bear Picnic. The kids, and their favorite stuffed animals, came over for an afternoon picnic in our family room. Simon had a blast playing with all the kids and breaking in his new toys.
No worries that Simon couldn't handle his first bite of cake, he managed to eat quite a bit of that delicious, chocolatey goodness. I think he inherited his sweet tooth from both his mom and his dad... uh oh!
The next day we had all the family over for a "Day at the Zoo" birthday party. I had to keep reminding myself it was Valentine's Day, since it seemed to get lost in the shuffle of all the birthday excitement. We had Little Pizzas for lunch and had a great time watching Simon, Lexi and Jimmy run around the house.
Nana made an adorable cake and Simon did just as good with round two of cake eating. He was getting a little tired, but that didn't seem to slow him down too much! He was determined to get as much frosting into his mouth as possible.
I couldn't believe all of the fun new toys Simon got for his birthday! Everyone was very generous and we are enjoying his new toys more and more each day as he gets increasingly creative with how to use them to make as much noise as possible.
All in all, it was a great way to celebrate Simon's first year! If you didn't get enough photos, click here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Looks like Simon's birthday parties were a hit. I love the picnic idea.
Post a Comment