Saturday, September 19, 2009

Couldn't Wait for Camp Rich this Year...

Our much anticipated annual trip to Camp Richardson's this July was even more exciting this year with Nick and Kelly getting married at Valhalla while we were on vacation. Finally, a wedding we could attend at Valhalla instead of just peeking through the window!


Simon and I were happy that we could stay up at the lake for the whole two weeks this year so that we didn't have to miss out on any of the excitement. It seemed like between birthdays and pre-wedding festivities there was a party every night. Could this be the reason Simon is now quite comfortable with the word "cake"?

The Sign of a Good Tahoe Vacation
Just minutes up at the lake and Simon was able to experience "Tahoe feet" like a pro. I quickly gave up trying to keep him clean and just let him embrace the whole Tahoe experience.

IMG_0003

Finally the Big Day Arrived
The wedding turned out perfect. Nick, Kelly and Mom put together quite a celebration. And, even the "little" bit of hail that fell during the ceremony didn't change the fact that it was a perfect night. Everyone looked great in their wedding attire.


Cousins Make Excellent Sleep Aids
Simon has never been the world's best sleeper, so I was a little nervous about heading up to the lake and abandoning the bedtime routine he was accustomed to following each night, but Simon thankfully slept like a champ the whole trip. I guess trying to keep up with his cousins all day was just the thing we needed to get him sleeping like a log. Cousins come back... we need you again!

The Next Generation of Fish Pond Fans
Simon loved walking to the fish pond every day and enjoyed pointing out all of the birds, squirrels and bikes along the way. It was amazing to watch him pick up so many new words each day... although I could have lived without him learning "MINE!"

IMG_0166

Cutest Little Man on the Beach
With the strict (and I still argue unfair) ban on sand boxes still in effect at our house, Simon was in heaven on the beach each day. He loved to play in the sand and dip his feet in the water, especially whenever he had the chance to get close to a duck.

IMG_0026

All in all, it was another great two weeks at the lake and we can't wait to go back again next year. I can't believe it will be as a family of four!

Check out the rest of our photos from the trip here.

No comments: