Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Over the river and through the woods...


To Ohio we go! Simon, Nana and I made a trip to Ohio last weekend to visit Matt, Angie and the kids. Quite the seasoned traveler with one flight already under his belt, Simon quickly settled into the trip with a carefree glance through Sky Mall to see if there was anything new... or maybe he was just trying to decide which page to eat first. We couldn't wait to land in Columbus and after a quick 7 hours and 15 minutes we arrived and were greeted by two of the cutest chauffeurs around, complete with "Nana" sign and everything.


Nana and I took the kids to the mall on Friday and must have done something right because they were all exhausted on the ride home. I guess an afternoon of Chick-fil-A, riding in the glass elevator at Sears and playing in the indoor Zoo will do that to you.


The rest of the weekend was action-packed with lunch at Chuck E. Cheese and an afternoon at the indoor playground, where Simon tried out a swing for the first time. Simon loved chasing after his cousins and watching them play on all of the swing sets! I liked trying out the trampoline, even though I couldn't do very many (actually any) tricks.

Finally, on Sunday it was time to get ready for the much anticipated Boo at the Zoo. Costumes on, Sleeping Beauty, Michelangelo, a clown and a chicken were all dressed and ready to trick-or-treat. There were plenty of Smarties to go around, so Nana and I did a good job of "helping" the little ones fill their treat bags as well.

Thanks for a great visit! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. Check out the rest of our photos.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

What a fun trip! I told Emily about the tie-dye shirts for the 'Peterson Team' and she wants to do socks and hats too!