Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teeth... Check!

Simon had quite an adventure on Wednesday morning with his first trip to the dentist. I was surprised they wanted to see him so young, but when I called to make an appointment for myself they told me they recommend kids come in no later than by their first birthday. Yikes! We were already three months late. So, off to the dentist we went.

The game room was a big hit in the waiting area and I think Simon would have been happy hanging out there all day. But, soon his name was called and it was off to the back. The dental hygienist was very nice and put Simon at ease as she let him choose a new toothbrush and had him explore the fancy dentist chair. The place was loaded with toys and Finding Nemo was playing on flat screens above each chair. I wish they did that for adults too!

Simon wasn't sure what to think of having his teeth brushed by the hygienist, but once he got a taste of the tangy grape flavor he was sold! Meeting the dentist was another story. He didn't care at all for having his teeth examined. But, soon it was over and we were off, clutching a cute new dentist rubber ducky.

All in all, I'll call it a success. Stay tuned for visit No. 2 in about six months!

1 comment:

Beth and Shae said...

The first Dentist visit is always a gamble but sounds like it went well. I am surprised your dentist has them come that early. Ours says two to three years old. Good Job Simon.